Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Martin Sourada

Default Revamped system-search icons set (take 2)

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 12:36 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> That will be worth to mention in the tutorial.
Done [1].

> Pushed these icons in the tree but, for some reasons, I dont see the
> update inside browse source. Let me know it the push was succesfull.

I noticed you pushed it to master branch now as well, but forgot about
48x48 icon, so I went ahead and uploaded it. I also did the other
necessary changes in both branches in order to install it correctly with
all needed symlinks.

Apart from that, I switched fallback theme to Fedora in master branch to
pick up Fedora logo for the Gnome Menu. Now that I think back about it,
it was probably not a wise step since echo snapshots are now built into
gentoo as well... ATM I think the best solution would be to switch the
fallback theme back to gnome and patch fedora package to fallback to
Fedora, or perhaps list gnome as second fallback theme. Any thoughts on
this?

Oh, and I built the latest git snapshot into rawhide [2], it should be
in repos probably tomorrow.

> Luya
Martin

https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/Guidelines/CommonMistakes#ThickorThinLines
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=53379

Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 14:09 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > Oh, and I built the latest git snapshot into rawhide [2], it should be
> > in repos probably tomorrow.
>
> Grabbed from koji. Concerning the media drive like usb, it would be
> nice to make difference using the extras folder. I wonder if those
> method will work for other DE like KDE or XFCE.

Hm... it's really low priority, given that the extras icons are not
necessarily needed. Also the number of icons in the extras is scarce
ATM, so it does not make much sense to install them IMHO. I hope, once
the number of icons increases (and we make first formal release of the
set), to submit the echo-icon-theme-extras as new package into Fedora.

Come to think of it, the extras icons seems good starting place for new
contributors, since the base icon is created, only minor tweaks to
create new one are usually needed, also icons in Echo style that are
created on request for special purposes (e.g. for fedora websites) might
go into extras as well...

> Luya
Martin