Old 06-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Freddy Freeloader

Default webdav davfs2 and file editing

I am trying to get a working setup with webdav and davfs2 where I can
edit files from a remote webserver locally. I can successfully access
the webdav directory and files and mount them on my workstation. The
problem I'm running into is that most of the time I open a file to edit
it I get the following error message.

The file
"/media/dav2/administrator/components/com_reviews/toolbar.reviews.html.php"
could not be opened properly and has been truncated. This can occur if
the file contains a NULL byte. Be aware that saving it can cause data loss.

This happens with about 60-70% of the php files on that website. Is
this something to do with how the files were created? I can edit the
ones I have problems with on the server if I ssh into it and use vi.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:14 AM
André Berger

* Freddy Freeloader (2008-06-16):
> I am trying to get a working setup with webdav and davfs2 where I can
> edit files from a remote webserver locally. I can successfully access
> the webdav directory and files and mount them on my workstation. The
> problem I'm running into is that most of the time I open a file to edit
> it I get the following error message.
>
> The file
> "/media/dav2/administrator/components/com_reviews/toolbar.reviews.html.php"
> could not be opened properly and has been truncated. This can occur if
> the file contains a NULL byte. Be aware that saving it can cause data
> loss.
>
> This happens with about 60-70% of the php files on that website. Is this
> something to do with how the files were created? I can edit the ones I
> have problems with on the server if I ssh into it and use vi.

Maybe an MTU problem; Jumbo Frames in your network?

-André

--
May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!
Linkstation/KuroBox/HG/HS/Tera Kernel 2.6/PPC from <http://hvkls.dyndns.org>