Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Stephane Durieux

Default debian courierpassd package: change passwd with squirrelmail

Hello ,

I am trying to use courierpassd package with courier-imap (to enable squirrelmail changepass plugin)
I am also using courier-authdaemon with pam (local user in my mail server)
Here is my configuration of xinetd to use courierpassd

service courierpassd
{
******* port = 106
******* socket_type**** = stream
******* protocol******* = tcp
******* user*********** = root
******* server********* =
/usr/sbin/courierpassd
******* server_args**** = -s imap
******* wait*********** = no
******* only_from****** = 127.0.0.1
******* instances****** = 4
******* disable******** = no
******* log_type = SYSLOG daemon info
******* log_on_failure = HOST USERID ATTEMPT
}

The problem is that when I try to use that service via telnet I obtain:

telnet 127.0.0.1 106
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 courierpassd v1.1.2 hello, who are you?
user myuser
200
Your password please.
pass mypass
200 Your new password please.
newpass mynewpass
500 Server error, password not changed.

So have someone an idea of the problem ? Must I recompile courier-imap with wich options ?

Any help is welcome

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail.
Une boite mail plus intelligente.