Old 06-16-2008, 03:16 AM
hce

Default Fail to connect https

Hi,

I've set up a web server lighty and web application on my local
machine and defined web addresses mywebtest.com in the /etc/hosts for
local testing. The HTTP can be connected and works fine, but HTTPS
does not work ("Unable to connect" in an error page).

I guess it is not the problem of my web server set up, but rather
something is missing for https on my machine. Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

Jim

Old 06-16-2008, 05:05 AM
André Berger

* hce (2008-06-16):
> Hi,
>
> I've set up a web server lighty and web application on my local
> machine and defined web addresses mywebtest.com in the /etc/hosts for
> local testing. The HTTP can be connected and works fine, but HTTPS
> does not work ("Unable to connect" in an error page).

Try a setup like this one, with the paths adjusted:

$SERVER["socket"] == ":443" {
server.name = "HTTPS"
server.document-root = "/path/to/sslroot"
ssl.engine = "enable"
ssl.use-sslv2 = "disable"
ssl.pemfile = "/etc/lighttpd/key-cert.pem"
server.errorlog = "/var/log/lighttpd/error-ssl.log"
accesslog.filename = "/var/log/lighttpd/access-ssl.log"
}

-André

--
May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!
Linkstation/KuroBox/HG/HS/Tera Kernel 2.6/PPC from <http://hvkls.dyndns.org>