-   -   pppoe redial when disconnected (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/107044-pppoe-redial-when-disconnected.html)

LÉVAI Dániel 06-15-2008 06:20 AM

pppoe redial when disconnected

Hi!

I've set up a pppoe connection to my ISP with pppoeconf(8), and now I
can connect to it using `pon <provider`, and disconnect using `poff
[provider]`. I'm wondering, is it possible to configure this connection
to redial if it gets disconnected. See, if I plug out the cord then it
never gets connected again, I have to manually connect using `pon
<provider>`. Is there a daemon or something which listens when the ppp0
device goes down, and redial if needed?

My config file:
# cat /etc/ppp/peers/digi
# Minimalistic default options file for DSL/PPPoE connections

noipdefault
defaultroute
replacedefaultroute
hide-password