Old 06-15-2008, 03:35 AM
Sladi

Default Installing additional truetype fonts in Lenny fails partially (Iceweasel problem)

Hi,

I try to install some additional truetype fonts in Lenny AMD64.
Everything seems fine but specifying antialiasing rules in
/etc/fonts/local.conf for those fonts won't work.
I copied some Windows fonts to a newly created folder
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/windows/ (Tahoma and Lucida Console). Then I
added to /etc/fonts/local.conf: (I also tried ~/.fonts/ and ~/.fonts.config)

<match target="pattern" name="family">
<test qual="any" name="family">
<string>tahoma</string>
</test>
<test name="size" compare="more">
<double>8</double>
</test>
<test name="size" compare="less">
<double>16</double>
</test>
<edit name="antialias" mode="assign">
<bool>false</bool>
</edit>
</match>
I tested a simple webpage in Iceweasel and this rule gets applied to all
fonts in Iceweasel. When I use "arial" instead of "tahoma" for example
it works as intended. As soon as I use Tahoma to specify the font it
won't work.
What do I have to do in order to install Tahoma properly so I can use
the above rule please? I tried all the Debian font install how-to's I
found already.

Regards,
Sladan