Old 06-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Kenward Vaughan

Default Lenovo Thinkpad, HP, or Vostro/Latitude? was OT: Laptop for College Bound Student?

We are in the same position, and need a quick solution. I'm looking at
Newegg's Lenovo Thinkpads (R61i and T61) at <$1K and the Dell
Vostro/Latitude D630 choices at the $600/850 levels.

Costco has some HP's as well, roughly the same level.

The $$ is fine across the board--I wanted quick feelings about the
models... are thinkpads simply superior build-wise and so are the best
choice, or...?

I recognize that this could start a flameware--it's not the intent,
though. Honest thoughts are welcome.

Cheers,

Kenward
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,