Old 06-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Ron Johnson

Default Iceweasel 3 and gopher?

Old 06-15-2008, 06:00 AM
"Peter Tynan"

2008/6/15 Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:

> Does Google even index gopher sites?

Yes, via the HTTP to Gopher proxy at http://gopher.floodgap.com/gopher/
e.g. A search at google.com on "gopher sdf happy" resulted in the 8th
hit being a gopher site.

but if you want to search gopherspace you are better off using
veronica @ gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/v2

--
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.
Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

Old 06-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Paul Cartwright

On Sun June 15 2008, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > And as Paul Cartwright said, employers who want to block the web may
> > ignore Gopher.
>
> [sarcasm]Because gopher's not "the web"?[/sarcasm]

maybe they really don't know about Gopher, so they can't block what they don't
know?? You have to remember, I was talking about the early 90's.. around
1993..We had a whole group of people that all had Sun workstations. Back
then, they blocked outside use by sites, because there weren't that many
Then they finally put a block on all external sites, but just http.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800