-   -   repeated input by holding down a key doesn't work when using a USB keyboard (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/106566-repeated-input-holding-down-key-doesnt-work-when-using-usb-keyboard.html)

Dietrich Bollmann 06-14-2008 06:20 AM

repeated input by holding down a key doesn't work when using a USB keyboard

Hi,

Since my last update of the debian sid system on my laptop
the repeated input of the same key by holding down the key
for a longer time doesn't work anymore when using an
external USB keyboard.

I am using CTRL-b / CTRL-f / CTRL-p / CTRL-n etc. all the time
when editing texts - and find myself forced to hit the key an
infinite number of times like a professional gamer instead of
just pushing it once and holding it down for a longer time :(

The laptop keyboard works as before...

Any hint?

Thanks, Dietrich