Old 06-13-2008, 05:51 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Shutdown/logout not working

Old 06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
"j t"

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:
> I recently switched from IceWm to Gnome by installing gnome-core. But I
> notice the shutdown and logout icons available from the taskbar don't
> work. I have to logout with ctrl-alt-backspace, and then shutdowm or
> reboot from GDM.
> Is there a workaround ? I am running Sid.

We may have the same problem:

(Hope this helps)

Old 06-13-2008, 09:06 PM
"Marcos José Sant'Anna Magalhães"

I've seen people with the same problem after installing compiz. They had to call metacity before logout.

Is there something subtle going there or just the same error popping in different places ?

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:53 PM, j t <mark473@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:51 PM, Frank McCormick <debian@videotron.ca> wrote:

> *I recently switched from IceWm to Gnome by installing gnome-core. But I

> notice the shutdown and logout icons available from the taskbar don't

> work. I have to logout with ctrl-alt-backspace, and then shutdowm or

> reboot from GDM.

> Is there a workaround ? I am running Sid.

We may have the same problem:

(Hope this helps)

Marcos José Sant'Anna Magalhães.
Engenharia Eletrônica e de Computação.