Old 06-13-2008, 04:51 PM
michael

Default LaCie 2TB 2Big Dual + debian (LaCie SATA II PCI-Express eSATA cards)

Tried LaCie once but not again, no thanks

On 12 Jun 2008, at 23:43, Alex Samad wrote:

Hi

I am looking at expanding my disk space on my box. I have turned my
eye

to these little external boxes.

I was wondering has any one else on the list used one of these.

I was hoping to connect to it with esata (the reason for the lacie
esata

controller). A quick google brings me lots of adds to sell but no into
on the controller and how I will see the drives.

My initial thought is to have them in hardware raid1 ( I am going to
raid them any way no need to flood the bus with twice the amount of
traffic). If i use raid1 and esata will linux only see one drive and
how do I tell if there is an error with the drive ?

Thanks

--
"Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of
our students in America."

- George W. Bush
02/03/2003
Bethesda, MD