FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Florian Kulzer
 
Default iceweasel 3 in sid

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 22:49:41 +0800, Deephay wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Recently the iceweasel browser in sid updated to 3.0-rc2, everything
> is OK except every time I was trying to launch the browser it will pop
> up a dialog saying "Iceweasel is not currently your default
> browser......". This never happened before the upgrade, and I do not
> have the problem on another box after the upgrade, I am using gnome.
> Does anybody know why? Thanks in advance.

The difference between the two boxes is probably due to this iceweasel
setting:

Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General > System Defaults > Always check
to see if Iceweasel is the default browser on startup

--
Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
Florian |


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Robin
 
Default iceweasel 3 in sid

2008/6/12 Deephay <tudoxxx@gmail.com>:
> Greetings all,
>
> Recently the iceweasel browser in sid updated to 3.0-rc2, everything
> is OK except every time I was trying to launch the browser it will pop
> up a dialog saying "Iceweasel is not currently your default
> browser......". This never happened before the upgrade, and I do not
> have the problem on another box after the upgrade, I am using gnome.
> Does anybody know why? Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>

As a temporary fix go to about:config in the address bar, promise to
be careful, enter browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser and doubleclick
the browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser to switch Value to false.

--
rob


http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=82BS4ZCMFR1


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-12-2008, 06:13 PM
"Mumia W.."
 
Default iceweasel 3 in sid

On 06/12/2008 11:06 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:


What happens, if there are two Sid partitions, sharing a common home
directory.


One of the Sid partitions stays at 2.0.0.14-2 and the other upgrades to
3.0~rc2-1.


Will the iceweasel 2.0.0.14-2 have problems using a home dir with its
.mozilla dir that has been used by 3.0~rc2-1?


Hugo




Mozilla.org recommends using a separate profile for Firefox 3.0rc2. If
you do decide to share a profile between Firefox 2 and Firefox 3, back
it up first, and back it up regularly.


For 3.0rc2, there were still reports of people losing their profile
data, so RC2 is release candidate for a reason.


See the newsgroup mozilla.feedback.firefox.prerelease

Anyway, having two different versions of Mozilla software operating on a
single profile is always risky.


BTW, I intend to do something like what you're doing. I want to share a
profile between Seamonkey on Debian Etch and Seamonkey on Ubuntu Hardy.
My plan is to minimize potential problems by downloading SM from the
Mozilla site and installing SM 1.1.9 on both Debian and Ubuntu.




--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-13-2008, 03:37 AM
Deephay
 
Default iceweasel 3 in sid

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Florian Kulzer
<florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 22:49:41 +0800, Deephay wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> Recently the iceweasel browser in sid updated to 3.0-rc2, everything
>> is OK except every time I was trying to launch the browser it will pop
>> up a dialog saying "Iceweasel is not currently your default
>> browser......". This never happened before the upgrade, and I do not
>> have the problem on another box after the upgrade, I am using gnome.
>> Does anybody know why? Thanks in advance.
>
> The difference between the two boxes is probably due to this iceweasel
> setting:
>
> Edit > Preferences > Advanced > General > System Defaults > Always check
> to see if Iceweasel is the default browser on startup
I suspect the settings will be the same, I will check though. Thanks all.

>
> --
> Regards, | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
> Florian |
>
>
> --
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
>
>

Deephay


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom
 
Default iceweasel 3 in sid

Mumia W.. wrote:

On 06/12/2008 11:06 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:


What happens, if there are two Sid partitions, sharing a common home
directory.


One of the Sid partitions stays at 2.0.0.14-2 and the other upgrades
to 3.0~rc2-1.


Will the iceweasel 2.0.0.14-2 have problems using a home dir with its
.mozilla dir that has been used by 3.0~rc2-1?


Hugo




Mozilla.org recommends using a separate profile for Firefox 3.0rc2. If
you do decide to share a profile between Firefox 2 and Firefox 3, back
it up first, and back it up regularly.


For 3.0rc2, there were still reports of people losing their profile
data, so RC2 is release candidate for a reason.


See the newsgroup mozilla.feedback.firefox.prerelease

Anyway, having two different versions of Mozilla software operating on a
single profile is always risky.


BTW, I intend to do something like what you're doing. I want to share a
profile between Seamonkey on Debian Etch and Seamonkey on Ubuntu Hardy.
My plan is to minimize potential problems by downloading SM from the
Mozilla site and installing SM 1.1.9 on both Debian and Ubuntu.






Thanks. How do you keep the same bookmarks and form prompts in two
different profiles?



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-13-2008, 10:04 PM
"Mumia W.."
 
Default iceweasel 3 in sid

On 06/13/2008 10:51 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Mumia W.. wrote:

[...]
BTW, I intend to do something like what you're doing. I want to share
a profile between Seamonkey on Debian Etch and Seamonkey on Ubuntu
Hardy. My plan is to minimize potential problems by downloading SM
from the Mozilla site and installing SM 1.1.9 on both Debian and Ubuntu.




Thanks. How do you keep the same bookmarks and form prompts in two
different profiles?





Well, I first have to say that my plan didn't work--possibly because I
installed NoScript into Seamonkey--possibly because Seamonkey writes
full pathnames into its prefs.js file.


The bookmarks for FX 3.0 are kept in places.sqlite, and the form history
is probably kept in the files formhistory.dat and formhistory.sqlite. My
next test will probably involve copying the files between my two
installations of Firefox (or Seamonkey).


If that doesn't work, I'll try roaming profiles.

(Sigh) I do wish that portableapps.com created a portable Firefox for Linux.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:04 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org