Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
"H.S."

Default iceowl extension not working with icedove

Hello,

I just noticed that Debian has iceowl-extension package. I removed
lightning extension that I was using (I had installed it from within
thunderbird and thus was not a system wide install), and installed
iceowl-extension:

$> sudo aptitude install -V iceowl-extension
..
..
iceowl-extension [0.7-2]
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Need to get 1157kB of archives. After unpacking 4219kB will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done
Get:1 http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca testing/main iceowl-extension 0.7-2
[1157kB]

Fetched 1157kB in 3s (318kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package iceowl-extension.
(Reading database ... 244729 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking iceowl-extension (from .../iceowl-extension_0.7-2_i386.deb) ...
Setting up iceowl-extension (0.7-2) ...

But after installing it and restarting Icedove, the calendar is not
being shown in the mail client, it is as if the extension was never
installed. What am I missing here?

$> dpkg -l icedove* iceow* | grep ^i
ii icedove 2.0.0.14-1 free/unbranded thunderbird
mail/news/rss clone
ii iceowl-extension 0.7-2 Calendar Extension for
Thunderbird/Icedove

This is on Debian Testing fully updated.

thanks.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 PM
"Eugene V. Lyubimkin"

Old 06-23-2008, 10:09 PM
"H.S."

Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:

May be, this is a bug. Check it and probably submit a bugreport. 'reportbug' packages is
useful for these purposes.

Already did that, many days ago. Only that I never got any reply from
the maintainer. However, I just checked the bug report on the Debian bug
tracking system and noticed he had replied there. Gaa .. and I was
checking my inbox.

I have done the test he had advised and sent back the results. Just in
case, the bug report is here:

Regards.