Old 06-12-2008, 04:26 PM
T o n g

Default Can't find a valid termcap

Hi,

One of me the application that I use uses the perl Term::Screen module. It
was running fine before, but recently when I launch it, I get the
following error:

Can't find a valid termcap file at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/Term/Screen.pm line 95

My term is xterm:

$ env | grep TERM=
TERM=xterm

How can I fix that?

While trying to find the answer myself, I found the following line from
Linux Frequently Asked Questions

"Ensure that there is a termcap entry for xterm in /etc/termcap"

But my current Debian doesn't have such /etc/termcap file.

Please help

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)