Old 06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Deephay

Default iceweasel 3 in sid

Greetings all,

Recently the iceweasel browser in sid updated to 3.0-rc2, everything
is OK except every time I was trying to launch the browser it will pop
up a dialog saying "Iceweasel is not currently your default
browser......". This never happened before the upgrade, and I do not
have the problem on another box after the upgrade, I am using gnome.
Does anybody know why? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Old 06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:49:41PM +0800, Deephay wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Recently the iceweasel browser in sid updated to 3.0-rc2, everything
> is OK except every time I was trying to launch the browser it will pop
> up a dialog saying "Iceweasel is not currently your default
> browser......". This never happened before the upgrade, and I do not
> have the problem on another box after the upgrade, I am using gnome.
> Does anybody know why? Thanks in advance.

there's been some chatter about this on the web. Apparently they
(mozilla) decided to turn on this "feature" by default. The feature
has always been there, just not turned on by default, or something
like that. I can't find a direct reference to it now...

Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Deephay wrote:

Greetings all,

Recently the iceweasel browser in sid updated to 3.0-rc2, everything
is OK except every time I was trying to launch the browser it will pop
up a dialog saying "Iceweasel is not currently your default
browser......". This never happened before the upgrade, and I do not
have the problem on another box after the upgrade, I am using gnome.
Does anybody know why? Thanks in advance.

What happens, if there are two Sid partitions, sharing a common home
directory.

One of the Sid partitions stays at 2.0.0.14-2 and the other upgrades to
3.0~rc2-1.

Will the iceweasel 2.0.0.14-2 have problems using a home dir with its
.mozilla dir that has been used by 3.0~rc2-1?

Hugo