-   -   ip6tables (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/104636-ip6tables.html)

Adam Hardy 06-11-2008 11:19 AM

ip6tables

Hello,

I have a gateway server running two NIC cards, one for the internet and one for
the LAN. I set up normal iptables which I'm happy with, but I installed
apache-tomcat on the machine (for use on the LAN, not to serve the internet) and
I found it has some sort of requirement for IPv6.

I set up a really primitive ip6tables firewall to allow tomcat to do its stuff
(where eth2 is the internet NIC):

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 DROP 0 eth2 * ::/0 ::/0 state NEW

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination
0 0 DROP 0 eth2 * ::/0 ::/0 state NEW

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target prot opt in out source destination

Is this going to be OK or does it allow any crackers to try out something nasty?

Thanks
Adam