Old 06-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Joey Hess

Default signing a pdf document

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> It is easy to scan your own signature and convert it into a compact
> vector-based PDF that can be scaled without loss of quality. I doubt
> that this constitutes a true signature in the legal sense

Amazingly, even typing your name into a form is considered a legal
signature in some countries.

--
see shy jo, who prefers gpg

Old 06-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Hubert Chathi

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:05:24 -0400, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> said:

> Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> It is easy to scan your own signature and convert it into a compact
>> vector-based PDF that can be scaled without loss of quality. I doubt
>> that this constitutes a true signature in the legal sense

> Amazingly, even typing your name into a form is considered a legal
> signature in some countries.

Schneier has an interesting blog post on fax signatures, which is
similar:
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/06/fax_signatures_1.html

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca