-   -   RealPlayer Guidance Needed (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/103984-realplayer-guidance-needed.html)

"Thomas H. George" 06-10-2008 02:04 PM

RealPlayer Guidance Needed

When an old cpu died I upgraded to a new motherboard and an AMD Athlon
64 Processor 3800+. I am running the current version of Lenny with a
2.6.24-1-amd64 kernel. I can no longer listen to the audio streams from
my favorite radio stations, play the NY Times videos and sundry links
suggested by my email correspondents.

I checked the mozilla (iceape?) plugins and it looked like I needed
nswrapperplugin. I downloaded the RPM's, ran alien and dpkg then found
the notice that linux32 must be installed to use the plugin. When I
started apt-get install linux32 dire warnings of essentials to be
removed caused me to quickly abort the installation.

I realize I'm clueless about the current problems. Please humor me and
tell me what I should read to understand what's going on and what I
must learn to go about fixing my system.

Tom