Old 06-10-2008, 02:32 AM
James Richardson

Default mutt signatures

Hi,

What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use mutt.

I googled and found a package called autosig, but it does not have a debian
package...

ADthanksVANCE
--
James Richardson

Old 06-10-2008, 02:42 AM
Martin Kraus

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:32:20PM -0400, James Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use mutt.
>
> I googled and found a package called autosig, but it does not have a debian
> package...

to rotate in what way? preselected signatures, signatures based on current
mailbox, fortune like signatures?
mk

Old 06-10-2008, 02:46 AM
James Richardson

Martin Kraus wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:32:20PM -0400, James Richardson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use mutt.
> >
> > I googled and found a package called autosig, but it does not have a debian
> > package...
>
> to rotate in what way? preselected signatures, signatures based on current
> mailbox, fortune like signatures?
> mk

well gee... I guess there are several sorts... I was thinking fortune like
signatures...

Old 06-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Martin Kraus

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:46:16PM -0400, James Richardson wrote:
> Martin Kraus wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:32:20PM -0400, James Richardson wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use mutt.
> > >
> > > I googled and found a package called autosig, but it does not have a debian
> > > package...
> >
> > to rotate in what way? preselected signatures, signatures based on current
> > mailbox, fortune like signatures?
> > mk
> >
> well gee... I guess there are several sorts... I was thinking fortune like
> signatures...

well I'm using "fortune" for that. Any reason why you want to use something
else?
mk

Old 06-10-2008, 04:58 AM
Jochen Schulz

James Richardson:

> What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use mutt.

I have used signify for years.

J.
--
Looking into my eyes is the only way you'll know I'm telling the truth.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 06-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Johann Spies

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:32:20PM -0400, James Richardson wrote:

> What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use mutt.

I use a technique I learnt from somebody else on the Debian list long
ago: I have installed the package 'verse' and then use a template
with the following script (tekenpos):

#! /bin/bash
cat ~/<signature-template> > ~/.signature
/usr/bin/verse >> ~/.signature

crontab -l shows:

@daily /usr/local/bin/tekenpos

It is easy to adapt that for whatever you want to put in your
signature.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early
shall find me." Proverbs 8:17

Old 06-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Brad Rogers

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 22:32:20 -0400
James Richardson <james@jamesr.biz> wrote:

Hello James,

> What package/software do you use to rotate signatures in email? I use

Like Jochen I use signify, which is in the Debian repositories.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Never much liked playing there anyway