Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Default sound in lenny; was the document "Sound in Debian GNU/Linux"

Nigel & others,

I am sending a second copy of this message; the
subject line was wrong on the earlier copy.

At Wed, 14 May 2008 21:02:35 +0200 Nigel Henry wrote,
"I saw a suggestion to add snd-hda-intel to /etc/modules ..."

Last week I added snd-hda-intel and still found
the Intel devices absent after some starts.
Running alsaconf always installs the Intel
devices. Perversely it kills the C-media
USB-audio adapter!

Sound is a disaster area. Hopefully it
is fixed before Lenny goes to release status.

Regards, ... Peter E.

--
Desktops.OpenDoc http://carnot.yi.org/
Desktops.OpenDoc http://carnot.pathology.ubc.ca/