-   -   How do I get rid of /var/lib/mysql/debian-relay-bin.###### files? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/103048-how-do-i-get-rid-var-lib-mysql-debian-relay-bin-files.html)

"Robert S" 06-09-2008 12:07 AM

How do I get rid of /var/lib/mysql/debian-relay-bin.###### files?

I'm running a very simple mysql setup on Etch with no replication. My
/var/log/mysql directory has become full of debian-relay-bin.######
files. How can I get rid of these and stop them from filling up my
hd?

Here's my current config (which hasn't made any difference) NB I
haven't changed the contents of /etc/mysql/my.cnf:

# cat /etc/mysql/conf.d/CUSTOM.cnf
[mysqld]
expire_logs_days = 2
relay_log = 'debian-relay-bin'
max-relay-log-size = 10M
relay-log-space-limit = 30M

I've tried the following with no success:

# mysqladmin flush-logs
mysql> PURGE MASTER LOGS BEFORE NOW();