Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Roan Horning

Default volume mgmt w/o gnome

Hi,

ivman (http://ivman.sourceforge.net/) is for automounting:

Ivman is a generic handler for HAL
<http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fhal> events. Originally for
automounting, it can now be used to run arbitrary commands when
events or conditions occur or properties are modified on your
hardware (e.g., run a command when you close your laptop's lid, run
a command when a particular device is attached or a particular CD is
inserted, etc)

It's available in debian (using your favorite apt frontend). I'm using
it with XFCE to replace the functionality of gnome-volume-manager.

--Roan

Old 12-15-2007, 08:08 PM
Mark Grieveson

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:18:22 +0000 (UTC)

> This is still very much a work in progress, so anybody with comments
> or suggestions (keep it clean!) please feel free to chime in.

Thanks Dave. I tried this and it seems to work well (using thunar).
So, I've tossed most of gnome, and am using fluxbox exclusively now.

Mark