Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Marty

Default Gnome URL icon associations

In my debian Etch system, the default browser is iceape, the link
/etc/x-www-browser points to /usr/bin/iceape, and mozilla is the selected
default browser using the gnome Desktop->Preferences->Preferred Applications
applet. I am not familiar with gconf configuration.

Regardless of the default browser settings, desktop icon URLs opened my mouse
click on the desltop, or opened within nautilus appear in konqueror. When
konqueror is uninstalled, the desktop URL icons are opened by gedit instead.
Default browser selection works normally, however, for URL icons placed in a panel.

In addition to finding a fix, I am curious about why the system defaults to
either konqueror or gedit, and the relevant configuration files and settings.
Thanks for any help.