Old 06-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Johannes Graumann

Default Can't install driveles system from USB memory stick: ISO not found.

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/boot.img.gz

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
> - check by udevmonitor where memorystick ends up (/dev/sdd)
> - zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdd
> - mount /dev/sdd /mnt/dummy
> - cp mini.iso /mnt/dummy/
> - umount /mnt/dummy
> - boot into diskles system, make bios treat usb devices like harddrives
> - reboot and boot from usb memory stick
> - pass language selection, keyboard layout and scan for hard disks in
> installer
>
> This always fails to find the mini.iso

I was mistaken with my last statement: the installer finds the ISO, but
dismisses it with the following statement
"while one or more possible iso images were found they did not look like
valid installer ISO images."
Where do I err?

Thanks for your hints, Joh

Old 06-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Johannes Graumann

After replacing the ISO with a regular business card one this workes just
fine / the netinstall ones failed reporting not being able to access the
CDROM ...

Joh