Can't install driveles system from USB memory stick: ISO not found.
I'm trying to install a driveles system via an USB memory stick like so:
- check by udevmonitor where memorystick ends up (/dev/sdd)
- zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdd
- mount /dev/sdd /mnt/dummy
- cp mini.iso /mnt/dummy/
- umount /mnt/dummy
- boot into diskles system, make bios treat usb devices like harddrives
- reboot and boot from usb memory stick
- pass language selection, keyboard layout and scan for hard disks in
This always fails to find the mini.iso
What may I be doing wrong?
Thanks for any hints, Joh
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org