Old 06-06-2008, 06:48 PM
"Javier Barroso"

Default Question about samba domains' migration and browsing slowly

Hello,

Currently, we are migrating from samba 3.0 PDC [without LDAP as auth backend] domain named A to a new samba 3.0 PDC [ with LDAP as auth backend and a new sid and name ]. The 2 domains are on the same network and we are migrating host by host.

Like both of domain controllers (A and B) wants to be the browser master, browsing from windows explorer on the net is slow (I think because a browser master elections fight continously).

Do you know how can I set only one browser master or a work arround ?

Thanks in advance