Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Raj Kiran Grandhi

Default unusual network installation problem

Willie wrote:

I'm trying to install debian at work from a local mirror (we have no
external internat access), but I need to set my ethernet MAC address
just before the installer accesses the mirror to allow me through the
cisco switch between me and the mirror. It looks like the busybox
version of ifconfig doesn't honour the 'hw ether' switch. I get no
errors, it just doesn't work. Can anyone confirm this, and if so maybe
suggest a way around the problem?

Thanks for your time.

How are you booting the installation system? If you are using a cdrom,
then you might use the netinst cd to install the base system, configure
the network after booting into the base system, and then install the
remaining stuff.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi