Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Anthony Campbell

Default Something odd happened to sound - found a fix.

I'm using Sid. My sound disappeared after an upgrade. Saytime produced
an error message:

sox soxio: Can't open output file `/dev/audio': unknown file type `ossdsp'

Googling, I found someone using Ubuntu who solved this by installing the
_Debian_ package libsox-fmt-all. I did this and sound returned.

A bug report is probably required on some package but I don't know
which. I'm posting this in case anyone else has the same problem.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)