Old 06-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Frank Murphy

Default OTish: Reccomend Graphics Tablet?

Graphics tablet to work with F89+
gimpsvg etc..

Figured someone on the list has something running.

Frank

Old 06-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Nicu Buculei

Frank Murphy wrote:
Graphics tablet to work with F89+
gimpsvg etc..

Figured someone on the list has something running.

I have an old Wacom Graphire 2 but never bothered enough to get it
working with pressure sensitivity.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
"Camilo Mesias"

I've got a low cost Medion tablet. It's a reasonable size, pressure
sensitive and has worked with some config in F8. I'll have to try it
in F9 and see how well it works.

Here's what I wrote about getting it working in F8:

http://littlethorpe.net/tptrn/article/72/aldis-low-cost-digitiser-tablet-in-linux

Old 06-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Quoting Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>:

> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > Graphics tablet to work with F89+
> > gimpsvg etc..
> >
> > Figured someone on the list has something running.
>
> I have an old Wacom Graphire 2 but never bothered enough to get it
> working with pressure sensitivity.

Not that hard at all. I have the same Wacom Graphire 2 with full pressure
sensitivity enabled. Just edit the xorg.conf by adding these lines without
serial or tablet usb[1] and restart X.

Future X will allow a much easier set up as described by ajax[2] and Jeremy
Katz[3]

[1] http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/inputdev
[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-April/msg02399.html
[3] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-April/msg02388.html