Old 06-06-2008, 03:20 AM
PETER EASTHOPE

Default failure of xfsm-shutdown-helper

Folk,

Until an about two weeks ago, the shutdown helper has allowed
me to shut this system down from the xfce GUI. Now I can only
logout to the CLUI. This message is left by X.

xfsm-shutdown-helper.c:134: Failed to contact HAL: A security policy ...

hal is installed. sudo is installed. What security policy? I haven't
changed any policy deliberately. Has another obscure package
weaseled its way in to cause trouble? Has anyone else seen this?

Any ideas?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
http://carnot.yi.org/