Old 06-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Raquel

Default sun-java

I have an upcoming need to use a web site that has java applets.
I've installed sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre, sun-java5-plugin,
sun-java5-fonts. Will that pretty much do what I'll probably need?

--
Raquel
Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have

--Haile Selassie

Old 06-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Andrew Sackville-West

On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 05:18:23PM -0700, Raquel wrote:
> I have an upcoming need to use a web site that has java applets.
> I've installed sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre, sun-java5-plugin,
> sun-java5-fonts. Will that pretty much do what I'll probably need?

on the assumption that you are using firefox/iceweasel, yes. To
confirm, navigate to the "aboutlugins" page and make sure you see
itlisted there. You can also try any number of java test sites on the
web. I recommend using one hosted by sun itself.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:54 AM
Raquel

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 20:02:46 -0700
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 05:18:23PM -0700, Raquel wrote:
> > I have an upcoming need to use a web site that has java applets.
> > I've installed sun-java5-bin, sun-java5-jre, sun-java5-plugin,
> > sun-java5-fonts. Will that pretty much do what I'll probably
> > need?
>
> on the assumption that you are using firefox/iceweasel, yes. To
> confirm, navigate to the "aboutlugins" page and make sure you see
> itlisted there. You can also try any number of java test sites on
> the web. I recommend using one hosted by sun itself.

Thank you, Andrew. For the life of me I couldn't think of a website
to try it on! After your response I (duh!) went to Google and found
lots of them.

Thanks again.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:00 PM
"Anooshiravan Merat"

on the assumption that you are using firefox/iceweasel, yes. To
confirm, navigate to the "aboutlugins" page and make sure you see
itlisted there. You can also try any number of java test sites on the
web. I recommend using one hosted by sun itself.

-----
Anooshiravan Merat