Old 06-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Bogdan Marian

Default firefox 3 in etch?

Hello,

Is it possible to run Firefox 3 in Debian Etch? I'm on KDE. It complains
about the GTK version. I have the 2.8 installed and it wants 2.10 or higher.

Thx,

--
Bogdan MARIAN
Java Software Developer

Old 06-05-2008, 06:28 PM
mess-mate

Bogdan Marian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to run Firefox 3 in Debian Etch? I'm on KDE. It
> complains about the GTK version. I have the 2.8 installed and it wants
> 2.10 or higher.
>
> Thx,

Hi, yes no problem.
I did it. Download the gtk 2.10 version from
http://www.gtk.org/download-linux.html and install it for exemple in /opt.
here how you can do it :
http://www.captain.at/howto-run-firefox-3-debian-etch.php

--
mess-mate
------------
High Priest: Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:
Bro. Maynard: And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high
saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our
enemies to tiny bits." And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast
upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and
lima bean- High Priest: Skip a bit, brother. Bro. Maynard: And then the
Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt
thou count to three. No more, no less. *Three* shall be the number of
the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. *Four*
shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, excepting that thou
then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being
the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade
towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen.
All: Amen. -- Monty Python, "The Holy Hand Grenade"

Old 06-06-2008, 05:22 AM
"Mumia W.."