Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Gino Heusdens

Default Bad component signal?

I recently changed my vga cable with a component cable a my mythtv
mediacenter. From the moment i made the switch the image quality is bad.
There are brown/darker thick lines rolling from bottom to top witch are
very annoying while watching movies or tv. With the vga cable the image
was better but i was unable to use the pixel plus 2 technology of my
Philips Tv.
I hope there someone out here who can point me in the right direction or
give me at least the technical term for this problem so i google this
problem.

Some details about the hardware i used:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9
- Graphics card: Onboard Nvidia 6150 GPU
- Panasonic A/V Control Receiver SA-AR55
- Philips 32PF9966 LCD TV

Some things I already tried (without succes):
- various x.org configurations
- direct component connection (mediacenter to tv without receiver works
fine)

- component connection with dvd-player > A/V receiver > TV works also fine
- switched the component cable with the dvd-player has no effect, still
bad quality

The component cable I used is a top quality cable but is works fine for
our samsung dvd-player, so I think the cable is not the problem?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-04-2008, 11:58 PM

> I recently changed my vga cable with a component cable a my mythtv
> mediacenter. From the moment i made the switch the image quality is bad.
> There are brown/darker thick lines rolling from bottom to top witch are
> very annoying while watching movies or tv. With the vga cable the image
> was better but i was unable to use the pixel plus 2 technology of my
> Philips Tv.
> I hope there someone out here who can point me in the right direction or
> give me at least the technical term for this problem so i google this
> problem.
>
> Some details about the hardware i used:
> - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVMT-9
> - Graphics card: Onboard Nvidia 6150 GPU
> - Panasonic A/V Control Receiver SA-AR55
> - Philips 32PF9966 LCD TV
>
> Some things I already tried (without succes):
> - various x.org configurations
> - direct component connection (mediacenter to tv without receiver works
> fine)
> - component connection with dvd-player > A/V receiver > TV works also fine
> - switched the component cable with the dvd-player has no effect, still
> bad quality
>
> The component cable I used is a top quality cable but is works fine for
> our samsung dvd-player, so I think the cable is not the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance

If you now put the VGA cable back, does the problem go away?
Larry