FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Сергей Овчар
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

Hi.
Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)? Is there in Lenny any drivers? How can I configure it? Drivers, downloaded from http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html, I can't build.
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg didn't ask me about monitor and video adapter. What can I do with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg for getting a lot of question about every device?


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Сергей Овчар
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

Hi.
Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)? Is there in Lenny any drivers? How can I configure it? Drivers, downloaded from http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html, I can't build.
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg didn't ask me about monitor and video adapter. What can I do with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg for getting a lot of question about every device?


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-05-2008, 11:35 PM
"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso"
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

Hi Sergei,

On 05/06/2008, Сергей Овчар <78ovserg@mail.ru> wrote:
> Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)?

There shouldn't be any need to configure that. It uses the free
(свободный) intel driver, which already comes out of the box in lenny.
Are you having problems with that?

- Jordi G. H.
 
Old 06-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Сергей Овчар
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

> Hi Sergei,
> On 05/06/2008, Сергей Овчар <78ovserg@mail.ru> wrote:
> > Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)?
> There shouldn't be any need to configure that. It uses the free
> (свободный) intel driver, which already comes out of the box in lenny.
> Are you having problems with that?
> - Jordi G. H.

Some.
It has not been recognised automatically. In xorg.conf "configured video device" instead of intel or i810. If i change the string, its not take effect too. Trying dpkg-reconfigure, but it asks me three times less questions, than in sarge. There was no questions about video adapter or monitor. It has finished after keymap configuring. How can I get a bit more questions from dpkg-reconfigure?


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-06-2008, 08:57 PM
"Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso"
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

I'm moving this discussion back on list in case someone besides me can help you.

On 05/06/2008, Сергей Овчар <78ovserg@mail.ru> wrote:
On 05/06/2008, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/06/2008, Сергей Овчар <78ovserg@mail.ru> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)?
>
> > There shouldn't be any need to configure that. It uses the free
> > (свободный) intel driver, which already comes out of the box in lenny.
> > Are you having problems with that?
>
> Some.
> It has not been recognised automatically.

That's very strange. What does your xorg.conf look like right now?

- Jordi G. H.
 
Old 06-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Ken Heard
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

Сергей Овчар wrote:
> Hi.
> Can anyone help me configure my videoadapter i965(notebook acer4315)? Is there in Lenny any drivers? How can I configure it? Drivers, downloaded from http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html, I can't build.
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg didn't ask me about monitor and video adapter. What can I do with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg for getting a lot of question about every device?
>
This particular video adapter is built in to some of the latest notebook
mainboards made by Foxconn, which are used by Acer and Lenovo among
others in their newest notebooks. In Etch drivers for the Intel i8xx
and i9xx family of chipsets are provided in package
xserver-xorg-video-i810, which includes drivers for all such chipsets up
to i945.

It is expected that the Lenny version of this package will provide for
the i965 chipset -- perhaps it does already for all I know to the
contrary. I am still using Etch and will continue to do so until Lenny
stable is released.

I have just purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad R61 which uses the Intel i965
chipset. Until Lenny stable is released I will use Etch package
xserver-xorg-video-vesa, which can run this chipset in unaccelerated mode.

Ken Heard


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Сергей Овчар
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

> > > Are you having problems with that?
> >
> > Some.
> > It has not been recognised automatically.
>
> That's very strange. What does your xorg.conf look like right now?

------------Quote------------
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
Driver "kbd"
Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys)"
Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Default Screen"
Monitor "Configured Monitor"
EndSection
----------end quote------------

I can't understand what is the bullshit? Why dpkg-reconfigure does not asked me about video adapter?

I get only questions:

1: Use kernel framebuffer device interface? N
2: Autodetect keyboard layout? N
3: Keyboard layout: us,ru(winkeys)
4: XKB rule set to use: xorg
5: Keyboard model: pc105
6: Keyboard variant:
7: Keyboard options: grp:alt_shift_toggle

And after seventh question it's finished, write to new xorg.conf, and backups previous.

How can I get questions about video and monitor? As it was in sarge


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Ken Heard
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

It appears that you do not have the xserver-xorg-video-* packages
installed. In Etch there are 37 of these, the "*" indicating a specific
manufacturer. You can install all of them by installing package
xserver-xorg-video-all. Then dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg should be
able to find the one you need. Afterwards you can remove the 36 you
don't need. In Etch the Intel i965 video controller is not supported
yet, but may be supported in Lenny. If it is supported it is probably
in package xserver-xorg-video-i810. Check the package descriptions to
find out.

Ken Heard
Toronto, Canada

Сергей Овчар wrote:
>>> > Are you having problems with that?
>>>
>>> Some.
>>> It has not been recognised automatically.
>> That's very strange. What does your xorg.conf look like right now?
>
> ------------Quote------------
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Generic Keyboard"
> Driver "kbd"
> Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
> Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
> Option "XkbLayout" "us,ru(winkeys)"
> Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier "Configured Mouse"
> Driver "mouse"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
> Identifier "Configured Video Device"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
> Identifier "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
> Identifier "Default Screen"
> Monitor "Configured Monitor"
> EndSection
> ----------end quote------------
>
> I can't understand what is the bullshit? Why dpkg-reconfigure does not asked me about video adapter?
>
> I get only questions:
>
> 1: Use kernel framebuffer device interface? N
> 2: Autodetect keyboard layout? N
> 3: Keyboard layout: us,ru(winkeys)
> 4: XKB rule set to use: xorg
> 5: Keyboard model: pc105
> 6: Keyboard variant:
> 7: Keyboard options: grp:alt_shift_toggle
>
> And after seventh question it's finished, write to new xorg.conf, and backups previous.
>
> How can I get questions about video and monitor? As it was in sarge
>
>


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-07-2008, 01:42 PM
"Jordi Gutirrez Hermoso"
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

On 07/06/2008, Ken Heard <ken@heard.name> wrote:
> In Etch the Intel i965 video controller is not supported
> yet, but may be supported in Lenny. If it is supported it is probably
> in package xserver-xorg-video-i810.

Uhm.

Is this a different i965 card I don't realise? It's in the
xserver-xorg-video-intel driver. The manpage for the intel driver
lists: 965G, 965GM, and 945GME. Are none of these the particular 965
at hand here?

- Jordi G. H.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Tzafrir Cohen
 
Default Video Adapter intel965

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 08:42:58AM -0500, Jordi Gutirrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 07/06/2008, Ken Heard <ken@heard.name> wrote:
> > In Etch the Intel i965 video controller is not supported
> > yet, but may be supported in Lenny. If it is supported it is probably
> > in package xserver-xorg-video-i810.
>
> Uhm.
>
> Is this a different i965 card I don't realise? It's in the
> xserver-xorg-video-intel driver. The manpage for the intel driver
> lists: 965G, 965GM, and 945GME. Are none of these the particular 965
> at hand here?

In the version in Etch it is still "i810" . Later on it bacame "intel"

--
Tzafrir Cohen | tzafrir@jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org