Old 11-20-2007, 12:40 AM
gusti

Default amsn, gspca and firewall problems

Hello

I reinstall Debian again before few weeks ago. Now I can't use the
webcam with the amsn program.

I'm using Debian stable with kernel 2.6.18-5-686 and
gspca-modules-2.6.18-5-686 and my camera is Creative Notebook PD1171.

With the mplayer software I can player video:
> mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:device=/dev/video0

and v4l driver is selected using input 'ZC301-2'.

But when I try to configure the camera in the amsn I get the next error
that the "Listening: false" and a message that maybe I'm behind a
router. But I'm using the same router configuration as I used with my
old Debian.
I have a 3COM router configure with "Authorised Application :
/usr/bin/amsn", "Trigger: 6890" and "Incoming Ports: 6890-6900".

I also tried to just the name "amsn" instead of "/usr/bin/amsn", and
also I tried used only the "Incoming Port: 6900", but I get always the
same error.

Any Idea?

Thank you in advance,
Gustavo