Old 06-03-2008, 03:23 PM
"Jan C. Nordholz"

Default lenny, xterm,rxvt, ncurses programs do not act on terminal size change

Hi,

> I've noticed some time ago that when I change terminal size(both urxvt,xterm)
> ncurses programs running inside do not get this information or do not act on
> this information. Is anyone else having the same problem? Is it some problem
> with the terminals or is it a problem with ncurses? It used to work just fine.
> Now even when I run screen refresh(usually ^L) from inside a program, it still
> displays it's output using the old screen size.

it looks like the SIGWINCH signal does not reach the curses-based application.
Maybe it's blocked? (check the SigBlk mask in /proc/<pid>/status) This reminds
me of #392870, but that one was fixed long ago...

You could try 'kill -SIGWINCH <pid>' to narrow it down.

Regards,

Jan