Old 05-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Jaime

Default Touchpad in KDE Lenny

Just re-sized my linux partition and installed Debian Lenny KDE. Have
been running Etch with Gnome for months now but thought I'd give KDE a
try. The install went flawlessly and getting wireless up and running
only required copying the intel files into /lib/firmware, doing a
restart and boom I was up and running.
I can't find a way to control the touchpad. I can move the cursor but
scrolling doesn't work and the sensitivity is way too high.
If I go to the control center there's no entry for the touchpad in the
peripherals section, though there is an entry for a mouse.
Have done some searching and not really found anything that worked. Did
try adding the following to the xorg.conf folder:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Synaptics Touchpad"
Driver "synaptics"
Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
Option "SHMConfig" "true"
EndSection

That however hasn't done anything.

Anyone know how I can get a handle on this.

Jaime

Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 PM
"Thomas Johnson"

This is the section in my xorg,conf that I use for the touchpad.

Section "InputDevice"
* * * *Driver "synaptics"
* * * *Identifier "touchpad"
* * * *Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"

* * * *Option "Protocol" "auto-dev"
* * * *Option "LeftEdge" "130"
* * * *Option "RightEdge" "840"
* * * *Option "TopEdge" "130"

* * * *Option "BottomEdge" "640"
* * * *Option "FingerLow" "7"
* * * *Option "FingerHigh" "8"
* * * *Option "MaxTapTime" "180"

* * * *Option "MaxTapMove" "110"
* * * *Option "EmulateMidButtonTime" "75"
* * * *Option "VertScrollDelta" "20"
* * * *Option "HorizScrollDelta" "20"

* * * *Option "MinSpeed" "0.25"
* * * *Option "MaxSpeed" "0.50"
* * * *Option "AccelFactor" "0.030"
* * * *Option "EdgeMotionMinSpeed" "200"

* * * *Option "EdgeMotionMaxSpeed" "200"
* * * *Option "UpDownScrolling" "1"
* * * *Option "CircularScrolling" "1"
* * * *Option "CircScrollDelta" "0.1"

* * * *Option "CircScrollTrigger" "2"
* * * *Option "SHMConfig" "on"
* * * *Option "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
EndSection

Hope that helps.

Tom

Old 05-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Old 05-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Jaime

Have made lots of modifications to the /xorg.conf file as directed by
the README, but still am not working.
I did the install from a cd. I can't remember whether I was presented
with the choice by the installer as to what environments were to be
installed; desktop, laptop,print server etc.

If it did then I'm curious as to whether I selected the laptop
environment, and that's why I experiencing these difficulties.
Is there anyway to check? If laptop environment wasn't installed, is
there a way to go back and modify the installation?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Jens Kapitza

Jaime schrieb:
> If laptop environment wasn't installed, is

there a way to go back and modify the installation?

is there a package called laptop-* installed at you system?
the environmet just install some debian packages (i think)
you can remove the packages if you don't need them

--
Jens Kapitza