Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 PM

Default gnome/hal/dbus Suspend vs. hibernate-ram

Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > My new ThinkPad X300 can suspend just fine if I use the hibernate-ram
>
> Hmm. Never mind. ... Hibernate seems to be working...

Just to mention that for your ThinkPad that the ThinkWiki is a really
good resource of information. If you haven't seen it before I am sure
that it will quickly be in your listed of bookmarked sites. :-)

http://www.thinkwiki.org/

Bob

Old 05-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Joerg Friedrich

Noah Meyerhans schrieb am Donnerstag, 01. Mai 2008 um 13:59:29 -0400:
> On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 01:01:21PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > My new ThinkPad X300 can suspend just fine if I use the hibernate-ram
> > command, but the sleep button (Fn+F4 or "Suspend" from
> > gnome-power-manager) is not able to suspend. The system starts to
> > suspend but immediately wakes up again. What exactly is gnome/dbus/hal
> > doing when I tell it to suspend? It seems like hal is what actually
> > takes care of calling whatever programs are responsible for suspending,
> > but I can't figure out where it does this or how it's configured.
>
> Hmm. Never mind. It seems that the pm-* tools are what I'm looking
> for. It wasn't even all that well hidden. Hibernate seems to be
> working...

be sure that the user trying to suspend is member of powerdev group

--
Jörg Friedrich

There are only 10 types of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't.