-   -   Strange hard disk problem (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/787-strange-hard-disk-problem.html)

Andrea Ferraresi 11-19-2007 07:36 PM

Strange hard disk problem

Hi list,
I have a dell vostro 1400, few months ago i've installed Ubuntu Gutsy because
my laptop works only with it.
Today i've retried to install debian lenny/sid with netinst cd and now it
runs, piix module succesfully works and network interface now works
out-of-the-box, but partman doesn't recognize the partition on my hard drive,
but it have 6 partition (2 for recovery, 1 for windows and 3 for linux) and
ubuntu works fine.
I like kde rather than gnome and i tried to install kubuntu Gutsy but it have
the same problem!!!(i've tried both alternate and desktop cd).

any suggestions?

Thanks to all and sorry for my little english.

--
|_|O|_| Andrea Ferraresi <andrea.ferraresi@gmail.com>
|_|_|O| KeyFP= CFE7 223E EB7A E729 9675 BA93 5152 C043 3817 D93A

Paolo 11-19-2007 09:58 PM

Strange hard disk problem

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 09:36:31PM +0100, Andrea Ferraresi wrote:
> out-of-the-box, but partman doesn't recognize the partition on my hard drive,
> but it have 6 partition (2 for recovery, 1 for windows and 3 for linux) and

try fdisk/cfdisk/sfdisk. Recovery partitions are often specially setup to
(try to) hide from part.man. prgs to avoid deletion.
afaict Acer's nbooks often show such 'feature' as well.

--
paolo