-   -   Touch Screen Lenova yoga (Debian) (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/713497-touch-screen-lenova-yoga-debian.html)

Josef Bailey 09-20-2013 08:09 PM

Touch Screen Lenova yoga (Debian)

Hello Joey / Debian laptop list

Joey saw a reply you did to a person named Carl.. It was about Touchscreen Ultrabooks running Debian

I see that you gave him a link for https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn

I looked at the link and it was some good info ..

The question is that my screen dosen't rotate or dosen't do touchscreen at al

Did you install any addtional drivers or any additonal software on your machine so it can do touchscreen and rotate

Thanks
Josef

Joey Hess 09-20-2013 08:40 PM

Josef Bailey wrote:
> Hello Joey / Debian laptop list
>
> Joey saw a reply you did to a person named Carl.. It was about Touchscreen Ultrabooks running Debian
>
> I see that you gave him a link for https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn
>
> I looked at the link and it was some good info ..
>
> The question is that my screen dosen't rotate or dosen't do touchscreen at al
>
> Did you install any addtional drivers or any additonal software on your machine so it can do touchscreen and rotate

Linux 3.10 supports the touchscreen.

I have not looked into the accelerometer, but I think it is probably
this USB device, so can presumably be supported pretty easily by someone
used to doing USB protocol dumps in windows and a little reverse
engineering.

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 2047:0855 Texas Instruments
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceProtocol 0
iProduct 2 Lenovo Yoga

Bus 004 Device 003: ID 2047:0855 Texas Instruments
Device Descriptor:
bLength 18
bDescriptorType 1
bcdUSB 2.00
bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
bDeviceSubClass 0
bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 8
idVendor 0x2047 Texas Instruments
idProduct 0x0855
bcdDevice 11.40
iManufacturer 1
iProduct 2
iSerial 3
bNumConfigurations 1
Configuration Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 2
wTotalLength 41
bNumInterfaces 1
bConfigurationValue 1
iConfiguration 4
bmAttributes 0xa0
(Bus Powered)
Remote Wakeup
MaxPower 100mA
Interface Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 4
bInterfaceNumber 0
bAlternateSetting 0
bNumEndpoints 2
bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Device
bInterfaceSubClass 0 No Subclass
bInterfaceProtocol 0 None
iInterface 5
HID Device Descriptor:
bLength 9
bDescriptorType 33
bcdHID 1.01
bCountryCode 0 Not supported
bNumDescriptors 1
bDescriptorType 34 Report
wDescriptorLength 2269
Report Descriptors:
** UNAVAILABLE **
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
bmAttributes 3
Transfer Type Interrupt
Synch Type None
Usage Type Data
wMaxPacketSize 0x0040 1x 64 bytes
bInterval 20
Endpoint Descriptor:
bLength 7
bDescriptorType 5
bEndpointAddress 0x01 EP 1 OUT

--
see shy jo

Josef Bailey 09-20-2013 09:28 PM

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 04:40:46PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> Linux 3.10 supports the touchscreen.
>

> --
> see shy jo

Hello Joey

You said linux 3.10 supports touchscreen

Linux 3.10 and even 3.9 are on sid/testing

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel

I'm assuming you are on sid/testing ?

IF not what release are you on and how did you get touchscreen to work

Thanks
Josef

Josef Bailey 09-21-2013 12:08 AM

Touch Screen Lenova yoga (Debian)

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 04:40:46PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> Linux 3.10 supports the touchscreen.
>
> see shy jo

Hello Joey / List