-   -   Broadcom BCM4312 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-laptop/712957-broadcom-bcm4312.html)

Freddy Van Ingelgom 03-25-2013 09:33 PM

Broadcom BCM4312

Hello all,
I installed Debian Wheezy on a desktop computer and it simply works
great! Congrats go to the developers!
I am thinking of replacing Xubuntu 12.10 on my Dell Inspiron 1750 labtop
also with this Debian Wheezy.
Before making this decision, I like to know if someone has some
experience with the Broadcom BCM4312 wireless of this laptop.
On Ubuntu this was a painful thing: altough things go a little bit
better the last few weeks, I regularly lose my wireless connection and
have then to put down the network (on the labtop) and put it on again
to have connection again.

Is there a good driver around these days for this hardware?
Thanks for the highly appreciated help!
Freddy

Sergio Pereira 03-26-2013 11:09 AM

Broadcom BCM4312

I installed Debian Wheezy on a desktop computer and it simply
works great! Congrats go to the developers!

I am thinking of replacing Xubuntu 12.10 on my Dell Inspiron 1750
labtop also with this Debian Wheezy.

Before making this decision,* I like to know if someone has some
experience with the Broadcom BCM4312 wireless of this laptop.

On Ubuntu this was a painful thing: altough things go a little bit
better the last few weeks, I regularly lose my wireless connection
and have then* to put down the network (on the labtop) and put it
on again to have connection again.

Is there a good driver around these days for this hardware?

Thanks for the highly appreciated help!

Freddy

Hi Freddy.

I have a Dell Vostro 3500 with Debian Wheezy and the Broadcom
BCM4312 wireless works without any problems. You need only install
the firmware (firmware-brcm80211 ) and have fun.

[]'s and good luck.

*

SÚrgio

Paulo Riquelme 03-26-2013 11:41 AM

Broadcom BCM4312

[...]

Freddy, I have Debian for 2 years and my wireless is bcm4312, I install its driver with simplyaptitude install firmware-b43-lpphy-installer
go ahead with your change! good luck.

Paulo