Old 02-17-2013, 01:16 AM
james gray

Default 64 bit download for Intel Pentium

i have looked at the information available for downloads and do not see a designation for 64 bit intel.i have installed 32 bit squeeze and it works , yet is slow.

does any one have a suggestion for a download for the 64 bit, Intel Pentium B960 @ 2.20 Ghz.
I am working with a:HPPavilion G4-1318dx

Thank you in advance

Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Facundo Aguirre

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 06:16:57PM -0800, james gray wrote:
> i have looked at the information available for downloads and do not see a
> designation for 64 bit intel.
> i have installed 32 bit squeeze and it works , yet is slow.
>
> does any one have a suggestion for a download for the 64 bit, Intel Pentium
> B960 @ 2.20 Ghz.
>
> I am working with a:
> HP
> Pavilion G4-1318dx
>
> Thank you in advance

Hi, from http://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/

"The port consists of a kernel for all AMD 64bit CPUs with AMD64
extension and all Intel CPUs with EM64T extension, and a common 64bit
userspace."

So, you need to download the amd64 port.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 AM
Michael

Should be amd64

http://www.debian.org/ports/#portlist-released