Old 01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
William Ivanski

Default Booting Linux using UEFI can brick Samsung laptops

Hi everyone,

I just have read this:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Booting-Linux-using-UEFI-can-brick-Samsung-laptops-1793958.html

And I also found this:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-cdimage/+bug/1040557

It seems that kernel's drive "samsung-laptop" can brick Samsung
laptops, when trying to boot using UEFI.

It happens on Ubuntu... Can anyone tell me how it is on Debian? Does
Debian's kernel use this driver too?

Thanks.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Florian Reitmeir

Hi,

William Ivanski wrote:

It happens on Ubuntu... Can anyone tell me how it is on Debian? Does
Debian's kernel use this driver too?

yes

--
Florian Reitmeir