Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 AM
contro opinion

Default how-to-password-protect-ubuntus-boot-loader

http://www.howtogeek.com/102009/how-to-password-protect-ubuntus-boot-loader/

here is an article to tell setup password protect on ubuntu,i want to do that way on debian

the steps are as the following* on ubuntu

1.grub-mkpasswd-pbkdf
2.
*sudo nano /etc/grub.d/40_custom
*** set superusers=”name”
*** password_pbkdf2 name [long string from earlier]

3.sudo update-grub

4.sudo nano /etc/grub.d/
omitted

5.omitted

in my debian ,i can't** sudo update-grub ,
there is no command update-grub in debian* (my system is debian6+grub1.99)

how can i do now?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:23 AM
Johan Grnqvist