Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Francisco Calero Mata

Default dhclient problem with BMC4312

Hi all,

i have a problem trying to do dhclient to the wifi interface, i can associate the ap, the problem is when i try to do dhclient, And i get No DHCPOFFERS received. I'm sure my modem works cause i'm sending this mail thru this connection. I've read documentation from kernel and wiki debian manual about how to load wl module and b43 and i get the same result.

Here is some vital information:

Device
07:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

kernel
Linux Debian 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Sun May 6 04:01:19 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

I've been doing a lot of things trying to make it works, but it seems they have been not enough yet.

The current status is that it's giving me when i try to do: ifconfig wlan0 up

[ 7258.112884] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

This wifi adapter is from one Dell inspiron mini

Best regards

Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Boris Bobrov

В сообщении от Thursday 10 of May 2012 02:29:12 Francisco написал:
> Hi all,
>
> i have a problem trying to do dhclient to the wifi interface, i can
> associate the ap, the problem is when i try to do dhclient, And i get No
> DHCPOFFERS received. I'm sure my modem works cause i'm sending this mail
> thru this connection. I've read documentation from kernel and wiki debian
> manual about how to load wl module and b43 and i get the same result.
>
> Here is some vital information:
>
> Device
> 07:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g
> LP-PHY [14e4:4315] (rev 01)
>
> kernel
> Linux Debian 2.6.32-5-686 #1 SMP Sun May 6 04:01:19 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I've been doing a lot of things trying to make it works, but it seems they
> have been not enough yet.

Which, for example?
Have you installed the firmware? If yes, how?

> The current status is that it's giving me when i try to do: ifconfig wlan0
> up
>
> [ 7258.112884] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
>
> This wifi adapter is from one Dell inspiron mini
>
> Best regards

I'd also suggest you to upgrade your kernel to the one from backports. I have
similar card and it works fine on 3.2.

--
WBR,
Boris.