Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Z X

Default acpid not create /var/run/acpid.socket

debian etch.
acpid didn't create /var/run/acpid.socket the first
time the system was booted.
but the process was running.
I had to manually restart the daemon, then it's ok.
what's wrong?

Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Paolo

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 12:32:03PM +0100, Z X wrote:
> debian etch.
> acpid didn't create /var/run/acpid.socket the first
> time the system was booted.

likely a bug in acpid or the initscript system - the right place to report
it is the BTS then.

--
paolo

Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 PM
"Yaisel Fernandez Suarez"

I have this way a problem, because the kernel doesn't recognize some module ACPI of my laptop HAIER, my solution was to put acpi=off and noapic like option when installing debian, those which the load the grub for defect .

I would like to know because that problem ??

Old 04-10-2008, 07:59 PM

thanks.
Due to a hard disk failure, I installed debian etch again use net install, and this problem disappeared.
I think it's because the last time I install debian was use knoppix as a live cd system, run debootstrap to make the debian system on my hard disk.

by the way, I reformatted one of my partition use xfs filesystem with block size 512b, ( /usr ) it had ran for over a day. but the next time I powered on my laptop, the partition couldn't be mounted, and xfs check took a long time still did not fix it. so it took me three hours to install the system again. what's the reason? for the block size should be 4 kb only?

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Paolo

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:59:51PM -0700, gdstm-lnxmlsts@yahoo.com wrote:
> thanks.
> Due to a hard disk failure, I installed debian etch again use net install, and this problem disappeared.

hm, ok, but check again from time to time.

> by the way, I reformatted one of my partition use xfs filesystem with block size 512b, ( /usr ) it had ran for over a day. but the next time I powered on my laptop, the partition couldn't be mounted, and xfs check took a long time still did not fix it. so it took me three hours to install the system again. what's the reason? for the block size should be 4 kb only?

such a small block size is suitable for very small disk space (eg the old
floppy); on today multi-GB hdd, the resulting number of blocks is daunting:
since fs algorithms depend on #blocks, such 8x increase blow up execution
time. Moreover, addressing a single block the same size as the disk sector
size, one at a time, is overkill in terms of efficiency and wearing for the
hdd.
Hence exec times for typical operations may well skyrocket x1000 or so.

--
paolo