Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
David Zelinsky

Default problem with touchpad after upgrade

I recently did an extensive dist-upgrade in testing, and now my
synaptics touchpad is not registering two-finger scrolling or edge
scrolling reliably. It behaves like a sticky mouse: when I try to
scroll often nothing happens, but if I keep doing it eventually it will
start to work, sort of, but in very jerky unworkable fashion.

As far as I can see the upgrade did not affect any synaptics-related
package, but I could be missing something.

Any suggestions?

This is the second time an upgrade messed up two-finger behavior on my
touchpad. The last time I fixed it by messing with some settings in
synclient, but nothing seems to help this time.

--
David Zelinsky