Old 04-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Scott Ferguson

Default Problem with rtl8187L driver compilation in Debian Squeeze

On 08/04/12 16:24, frederit mogollon wrote:
> Good night. I am a new user in this list. I sorry, by bad use
> english. I explain my problem:
>
> I have an Siragon Canaima NB3050 laptop, with 1,7 GHz Intel Celeron
> M430 processor, 512 MB of RAM, 120 GB of hard disk, a graphic card
> VIA CN700/P4M800, an ethernet card VIA VT6102 and Wi-Fi card AW-GU700
> with Realtek RTL8187L chipset.

<snipped>

Have you tried the Debian Realtek package?
http://wiki.debian.org/rtl818x#supported-rtl8187

It's in the non-free repository:-
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/f/firmware-nonfree/firmware-realtek_0.28+squeeze1_all.deb

> CC=gcc modules
> make: *** /lib/modules/3.2.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae/build: No existe el
> fichero o el directorio. Alto. make: *** [modules] Error 2

What do you get from:-
$ ls /lib/modules/3.2.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae/

> Now I do not know what to do. I searched in the internet and I find
> not satisfactory solution. I read in a case, the driver was corrupt.
> But not idea ... Let me also that this is the first compilation
> attempt do, and I'm frustrated...
>
> I hope you can help me. I really like GNU/Linux and I used Ubuntu,
> Puppy Linux, Canaima GNU/Linux, but Debian seems more robust, stable
> and higher.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-