Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 PM
"Tom Schmitt"

Default Wheezy on HP EliteBook 2560p

Hi,

I installed Debian Wheezy (with KDE) on my HP Laptop EliteBook 2560p.
After short struggeling with the Wlan it's working fine now in every aspect except one:

The fan is always on and full power (as far as I can tell, the CPU as well).
This is very noisy and I really don't like it :-(

Has anyone a hint for me what I can do to get the fan as silent as it was under windows and only powering up when it's relly needed?

As information:
root@monitor:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 42
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz
stepping : 7
microcode : 0x18
cpu MHz : 2701.000
cache size : 4096 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 13
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips : 5387.49
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

Thanks,
Tom.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Rares Aioanei

http://wiki.debian.org/HowTo/CpuFrequencyScaling

--
Rares Aioanei

Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM
"Tom Schmitt"

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> > I installed Debian Wheezy (with KDE) on my HP Laptop EliteBook 2560p.
> > The fan is always on and full power (as far as I can tell, the CPU as
> well).
> > Has anyone a hint for me what I can do to get the fan as silent as it
> was under windows and only powering up when it's relly needed?

> http://wiki.debian.org/HowTo/CpuFrequencyScaling

Thank you for the link.
I found the reason why my laptop was always on 100%: Nepomuck/Strigi.
After deactivating both of them, the Laptop is running just fine :-)