Old 02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Hannu Virtanen

Default tv format external hard disk

I have got an (usb) external hard disk and some tv programs recorded on the disk by Sony Bravia tv.

TV is telling after formatting the hard disk that 'the hard disk can be now used by tv only'. I know that the hard disk cannot be read by a computer with windows operating system.

Can my laptop read the disk, when my laptop has got debian?

with best,

-hv

Old 02-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Matus UHLAR - fantomas

I have got an (usb) external hard disk and some tv programs recorded
on the disk by Sony Bravia tv.

TV is telling after formatting the hard disk that 'the hard disk can
be now used by tv only'. I know that the hard disk cannot be read by
a computer with windows operating system.

Can my laptop read the disk, when my laptop has got debian?

I advise you to try that and report. Or maybe googling ... They may
use filesystem or partition type not recognized/supported by windows
but that may not be the case for linux.

... I have older bravia not able to record (afaik) and only able to play
mpeg-1 butit I founded anything else it could play, I'd be glad to know
that

Saving Private Ryan...
Private Ryan exists. Overwrite? (Y/N)

Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Hannu Virtanen

---------------

> I advise you to try that and report. Or maybe googling
> ...* They may use filesystem or partition type not
> recognized/supported by windows but that may not be the case
> for linux.
>
> ... I have older bravia not able to record (afaik) and only
> able to play mpeg-1 butit I founded anything else it could
> play, I'd be glad to know that

-----

I will do it one day. But the disk is now with one of
my friends, who have got that tv. We wanted to try first
recording with the tv using my old and small (and cheap) hard disk, before my friend would buy another big hard disk.

with best,

-hv

Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Jérôme

Le dimanche 19 février 2012 à 12:17 -0800, Hannu Virtanen a écrit :
> I will do it one day. But the disk is now with one of
> my friends, who have got that tv. We wanted to try first
> recording with the tv using my old and small (and cheap) hard disk,
> before my friend would buy another big hard disk.
>
> with best,

SONY support : "USB-Viewer unterstützt das FAT12-, FAT16-, FAT32-
und exFAT-Dateisystem."

(-_-); bullshit !

(and DRM ???)
https://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/hub/tvhc